Monday, October 8, 2012

Burning Bush Design

 Burning bushes have always been a weakness of mine.  Every autumn when they showcase their bright, bold color I wonder why I haven't planted one yet.  My new favorite variety is the Pipsqueak burning bush.  With a dwarf growing habit {5' is considered a dwarf for this Euonymous} it's perfect for residential gardens where a little pruning will keep it under control.  As a gift for my mother, today I decided to design a planting bed that she could use for the area  in front of her bay window.  I've heard her talking about replanting this area for a while now.  It's kind of funny--for all the designs I have drawn I had not drawn for her so...here you go mom, I hope you like your Pipsqueak burning bush and that you think of me every fall when the bright foliage starts showing off!


 


Photos:
monrovia.com
heuchera.com

No comments:

Post a Comment