Monday, July 1, 2013

Succulent Container Gardens at Disneyland



A few weeks ago I was at the happiest place on earth.  We traveled to Disneyland with my parents, five siblings, and niece.  It had been over three years since we'd all been on vacation together, and it was a blast.  Disneyland is magical, there's no question about that. I believe part of the magic comes from attention to detail, specifically in their planting. 

At the entrance of Frontier Land there's a fantastic Mexican restaurant, Rancho de Zocalo.  It's decorated with Spanish flair, overflowing with succulents.  I took a few shots of my favorites, with more to come soon.

 
 
Aeoniums, like the one above, became one of my favorite plants while I lived in Spain. They're extremely easy to propagate.  Just pinch of a "flower" and place it in water.  It will sprout roots within two weeks.
 




Unlike popular container plantings, succulents aren't known for their flowers. The variation comes from texture and color of foliage.  A wide variety of aloes, jades, and echeverias make for an eye-stopping container.


No comments:

Post a Comment